Skip to content
Jalapeño Cheddar Mac & Cheese
Mac & Cheese is all grown up with these fresh ingredients and our Smoked Jalapeño Cheddar Smoked Sausage. Try this Southside twist to turn a childhood favorite into modern day staple.
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 Garlic clove, minced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red onion, chopped
- 4 Links Southside Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages, sliced
- 3 tbsp. Flour
- 2 ¼ cups Half-and-half
- 3 cups Elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 cup American cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Romano cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. Bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp. Chives, chopped
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking
- Melt butter in warmed pan
- In the melted butter – sauté peppers, onions and garlic until softened
- Once softened, add diced sausage to the pan and stir well
- After 2-3 minutes, add in the flour and stir well to incorporate
- Once flour is well mixed in, add half & half (or heavy cream) and stir well. The sauce should thicken until it sticks to your spoon.
- Once sauce has thickened, add pan of cooked pasta noodles to the cool side of your grill & stir in sauce
- After mixing in the sauce, add your shredded cheese mixture and stir well
- Top with Romano cheese, sliced Jalapeño Cheddar Sausages and bread crumbs
- Bake indirect at 350 for 30-45 minutes, serve topped with diced chives and hot sauce if desired
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.