Queso is a party staple here in Texas and we’ve bumped up the flavor with our smoked Original Beef Sausage! Serve this dip-style with your favorite chips or smother over enchiladas, beef steak, grilled chicken and more. So simple to prepare, you may never eat anything without cheese again!
- 4 links Southside Original Beef Sausage (fully smoked)
- 1 lb. quality American cheese
- ¼ lb. mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half & half creamer
- 2 Tbsp. pickled jalapeños (drained and chopped)
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and fresh jalapeño (for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp. guacamole (optional)
- Slice sausage into ¼” thick rounds, and then cut each round in half for simple bite-sized pieces. Place in a skillet over medium heat and sauté until warmed through and browned. Set aside in a bowl lined with paper towels to drain off extra juices.
- In a non-stick pot, melt American and mozzarella cheeses together over medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- Once cheese has melted, add creamer, jalapeños, and pepper flakes, stirring until combined.
- Remove pot from heat and top with optional cilantro, tomatoes and fresh peppers is desired. Serve warm with chips, flat bread or over main course.
*Host Tip: Make a second batch using Southside’s slow-smoked USDA Prime Brisket. Moist is recommended, but lean is great as well!