We’ve combined our Original Summer Sausage with a zesty mix of fresh veggies and herbs for this Southside take on Caprese salad. A traditional Italian-style appetizer, the addition of our Original Summer Sausage makes this a “must serve” before your next meal.
6-8 Small Servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Resting time: 12-24 hours (optional)
- 1 lb. Southside Original Summer Sausage – remove casing and dice into cubes
- 8 oz. fresh perlini mozzarella
- 8 oz. red & yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
In a large bowl, mix Original Summer Sausage, mozzarella and tomatoes. Add creamy Italian dressing and ½ of the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Refrigerate until serving. Mix in remaining basil just prior to serving.
Can be made 12 – 24 hours in advance. Refrigerating overnight allows the dressing to marinate the salad.