Spruce up mealtime with something different! We’ve coupled our Southside Garlic Sausage with a fresh mix of veggies and spices for an Asian-style recipe that packs a punch. This makes for a great family meal when you’re looking for something beyond the “same old same old”. Enjoy this bright dish over rice, noodles, or right out of the wok!
Prep: 20 – 25 Minutes
Cooking time: 35 Minutes
- 3 - 4 links Southside Garlic Sausage, casing removed and sliced into thin circles
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 4 cups cabbage (1/2 a medium head), rough chopped
- ½ cup white onion, rough chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup broccoli florets (bite-sized pieces)
- 2 – 3 green onions (bulbs and shoots)
- ½ cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup white button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, minced
- chives (optional garnish)
Heat cooking oil in wok over medium high heat. Add all vegetables except the garlic and ginger. Cover and stir often until cooked through and tender (15 – 20 min).
Remove veggies from wok and set aside. Add sausage to wok.
When sausage starts to brown, add ginger and garlic. Stir constantly for 2 min. until garlic softens and becomes aromatic.
Add sauce (recipe below) to wok and stir until sauce thickens slightly and beings to stick to the back of a spoon.
Put veggies back in the wok, and toss until everything is coated and steaming hot.
Serve immediately over rice (if desired) and garnish with chives (optional).
Stir Fry Sauce:
1/3 cup chicken broth
1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame seed oil
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 ½ tsp sugar
1 ½ tsp rice wine vinegar (or white vinegar)
¼ tsp white pepper
Whisk all ingredients together in small bowl and set aside.
Wok or large skillet with lid