What could be simpler, or harder to resist, than this Tex-Mex standard made even better with Southside Pork Steaks! You can practically hear the pan sizzling with fresh peppers and onions. Throw in the authentic goodness of our fully smoked Pork Steaks and you’ll have yourself a one-skillet fajita feast in no time!
4-6 dinner portions
Prep time: 25 Minutes
Cook time: 15 Minutes
- 1 fully smoked Southside Pork Steak, sliced into ½” strips
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and sliced thin
- ½ medium white onion, sliced thin
- 1 tsp Southside Fajita Seasoning (more to taste)
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced thin (optional)
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges (optional)
- 10-12 flour tortillas
Heat cast iron skillet on medium high heat and add oil. Once oil is heated, add onion and peppers. Stir until coated and then allow to char with the pan (watch, but do not stir often). Once the peppers start to develop a char, toss in fajita seasoning and sliced pork steak. Stir to thoroughly combine and continue to cook until the pork steak is heated through.
Garnish pan with avocado and limes and serve immediately, directly out of the pan.
Optional ingredients for serving:
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup pico de gallo
Large cast iron skillet (13-15”)