Enjoy these Southside stuffed morsels starring our Fresh Original Beef Sausage! Loaded with flavor, these easy to prepare goodies make for a meaty, crunchy way to enjoy the game. Or serve them anytime the team gets together!
- 2 pkgs. Southside Fresh Original Beef Sausage - casing removed
- 1 sleeve RITZ® crackers - crushed
- 1 raw egg - beaten
- 1/2 green bell pepper - diced
- 1/4 white onion - diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper - diced (optional for heat)
- 1 Tbsp. Southside Original BBQ Seasoning + extra for finishing
- 2 Tbsp. sour cream - for garnish
- 1 9 oz. bag Fritos® Scoops or Tostitos® Bowls
Preheat oven to 350F. Or if using a BBQ grill, heat to 350F with an indirect setup.
Mix all of the ingredients (except for the sour cream) in a large mixing bowl by hand (recommended to use food safe gloves).
Tip: Stuffing can be made up to 4 hours in advance
Once all of the ingredients are thoroughly mixed, stuff the chips with small Tbsp. sized portions. Arrange stuffed chips on the baking sheet, stuffing side up.
Once all chips have been filled, bake for 20 minutes at 350F or until the internal temperature reaches 165F.
Remove from heat source and allow to cool slightly – about 10 minutes. Place the sour cream in a disposable sandwich bag and cut off a small corner to use as a tiny piping bag. Pipe the sour cream on to each sausage stuffed chip in a football lace pattern. Top with more BBQ seasoning if desired and serve immediately. Yields approximately 50-60 stuffed chips.
Food safe gloves
Half sheet pan