We’ve tossed our Original Summer Sausage with a blend of Italian favorites for this light and easy pasta salad. Typically served as an antipasto appetizer, this refreshing mix also makes a nice side dish or quick lunch on the go!
12-14 Small Servings
Prep: 20 minutes
Resting time: 12-24 hours
- 1 lb. Southside Original Summer Sausage – remove casing and dice into cubes
- 12 oz. box tri-color rotini pasta
- 8 oz. fresh perlini mozzarella
- 7.5 oz. jar marinated artichoke hearts, quartered
- 3-4 pepperoncini peppers, sliced into rings
- 2.25 oz. can sliced ripe black olives
- ½ cup fresh Basil, chopped
- ½ cup creamy Italian salad dressing
- Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain well & allow to cool to touch.
In a separate large bowl, mix Summer Sausage, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, pepperoncini peppers, and black olives. Add cooled pasta, creamy Italian dressing and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
Refrigerate until serving.
Can be made 12 – 24 hours in advance. Refrigerating overnight allows the dressing to marinate the salad.